Saturday, June 19, 2010

It makes me happy. It makes me want to blow my vuvuzela!


I was in the car with Nicole when we heard this on the radio. (Side note: it's still amazing that our car radio actual works now). We weren't sure if this is an advert or some type of radio program. All I know is that we heard this guy with a German accent say "It makes me happy. It makes me want to blow my vuvuzela." We say that occasionally too – or if opportunity presents itself we say the reversal of it. "It makes me sad. It makes me want to put away my vuvuzela." We said that after Bafana got kicked out of the World Cup Games.

I have never been a real fan of the vuvuzela. We have neighborhood kids next door. They have one and whenever they make a lot of racket, the paper-thin wall that divides our houses seems to get even more useless than ever. However, I think I am coming around. I actually now own one thanks to this guy who came to speak to the kids about TB at Holiday Club. It makes me happy that I now own one although I am still not completely convinced that they aren't annoying. But I like them because they are South African.

I really have grown to like soccer as well. I am not sure if this is really true outside of the World Cup (because, as noted before, I really like any type of world sporting event – mainly the Olympics). And although I still hate it when there is a tie or no one scores at all, it is awfully fun to yell at the TV. Every evening (and afternoon), Christian is in the lounge watching the game and thus I have gotten really into it as well. It's fun to be in a country where something like this is happening, even if I am not going to any of the actual games. And I proudly say that I am pretty sure I have seen at least 3/4ths of all the games, in their entirety, half, or at least some parts of them. It's been really fun cheering for the underdog. Or the time when the US was playing Algeria and scored the winning goal during the last 2 minutes thus resulting in Phil literally tackling Kyle. Awesome.

Anyway, there is not really a deep point to this blog besides to say – Feel it. It is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment