Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Beginning of the End

And thus it begins.

This past week was full of our "first lasts" – our last Youth Leaders meeting on Wednesday, our last Kids Klub on Friday, our last youth on Friday, and for me, my last time going to A Rocha (actually that's not true – I didn't go to A Rocha at all this past week. In fact, I wasn't even aware that my last time at those schools was my last time). Actually, I am kind of excited about this since it will free up a lot of our time and thus we can spent more intentional time with each other and other people here.

But, I guess, in a way, it is kind of sad. We were at Kids Klub on Friday when Thandi magically got the kids to settle down and listen to her. After she told them that this was the last Kids Klub until Holiday Club, she had the kids thank us and gave a speech about how much we'll be missed. And Okay, I am not the best with kids so Kids Klub can be overwhelming for me. However, I finally found a good area in which to help out with – the kitchen (making the kids sandwiches) and then taking pictures too for later BCA related reports. So Kids Klub started off as something I didn't enjoy to something that, yeah, was insane most of the time (ha – ask Tim about his group of boys) but good at the same time. I'm really grateful for the chance to be a part of BCA these past few months. And now that is over – well actually not really because (insert eerie music here) Holiday Club is coming. Eh, but it will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment