Sunday, November 22, 2009

Just another day at the Manse

Living at the Manse typically presents itself with multiple challenges such as the following
 - we had a large collect of mice. (but they haven't been touching the traps lately so maybe they left. I am not sure or convinced yet)
- only one of our 4 burners works (the small one). Making supper takes about twice as long as it would need to.
- any day I fully expect our oven door to fall off.

Yet those are normal things.

but this week brought for some new challenges.

This week Tim has successfully - well, (I am not sure of the term) did something in the shower so that they could reseal it. (There is tons of water damage in the room next to the bathroom. I am pretty sure it's more than just poorly sealed tile but I am not an expert by any means). Anyway, he ripped the shower up last Friday but it wasn't until this past Friday when they finally resealed it. We've been waiting this weekend for it to dry. So instead of taking a shower we take baths - which is really interesting since the hose likes to spray water all over the toilet. But it hasn't been bad.

Until this weekend

We woke up Saturday morning to find that water did not come out of the hot water taps in the bathroom and in the kitchen. I am not sure what happened besides the fact that they had to turn that water off for some reason. So today I took my first cold bath in Africa. oh man. awful.

and I think to myself - what a ghetto place this is.

I wonder what will happen next. or if anything will ever get fixed here...

*But on a positive note: washing my hair in cold water makes it really curly. Or maybe today was just a magical day for it because it curled beautifully. (It takes a lot for me to actually say that)

1 comment: