Monday, October 12, 2009

Mice Poop

I don’t understand how mice can poop so much. After all they are so tiny but here I am again cleaning off the multiple droppings on our kitchen counter every morning like clockwork. Apparently our mice are getting their daily intake of fiber. (I hope they aren’t eating our all All-Bran).

Sometimes it takes a lot of effort not to walk out of the manse and never come back. This morning, I was drying the dishes and as I was putting them away when I noticed the PILES of poop in the cabinets where all our pots and pans are. (UGH! Can I get a collective “ew” here)? I almost started crying. Poop is everywhere in our kitchen –stuck on our cutting board, in the silverware tray, in the pots, on the counter. Since we don’t have any money to buy effective mice-killing products until November, we just have to deal. Until the vermin are out of our house, it’s pointless to do anything really because tomorrow morning (and for the next few mornings of this awful, horrible month) I know where I’ll be: in the kitchen cleaning up poop.

Gross.

It’s really too bad. Kitchens are generally one of my favorite places to be. It’s a good place to gather as well as cook for the people I love. Yet, here, it’s been a real challenge since mice rule the roost. This weekend has really been tough. We have no money in our bank account so our food options right now are very, very slim, meaning that we’re hungry a good portion of the day. Yet the mice apparently have plenty to eat – or enough to keep pooping on everything we own. I’m rather terrified to clean out the rest of the cabinets (since we don’t have liners or cleaning products we haven’t touched a good portion of our cupboard space). I fully except be attacked by an army of mice whenever sweet November comes and I can actually do what I’ve been dying to do since we moved in here – hose everything down with bleach.

Oh sweet November, please come quickly…

1 comment:

  1. You know the saying "I'd like to be a little mouse so I ...." Well, come Nov. I don't think I would want to be a mouse in your house!" Sandy

    ReplyDelete