Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Just another night at the manse

“If I had triplets and they were all boys, you know what I would name them?”

“Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego?”

“No. Walker. Texas. Ranger.”

Tuesday nights in PMB tend to be rather, well, uneventful. We’re currently sitting in the living room generally doing nothing. I was trying to think of something interesting to blog about when Kyle random announced his triplet plan “Okay,” I thought. “that is how I am going to start this blog.” (I am not sure if Kyle was reading something when he said this. No context was given, which is fairly typical. Oh, and Tim was the one who guessed. Shocker).

I do appreciate our down time here, especially Tuesdays. (Really, I am grateful since it seems like BCI is slowly eating away at our free time), but sometimes having nothing to do eats away at our minds. For example, currently, everyone with a computer is on Shae Miller’s (another Radical Journey-er) blog playing with these digital fish that you can “feed.”

Apparently we need to get more hobbies.

And more ice cream.

I have been sitting here for a few minutes, trying to figure out any other happenings worthy enough to make the blogspot yet all I can think about is how much I want ice cream. Dang it.

The five of us were actually going to venture out to the grocery store to get some ice cream before it closes. But we chickened out. Well, mostly the females chickened out. It gets dark here around 6:30 and with the repetitive stories of our dangerous our neighborhood is, well, we decided maybe that wasn’t the best choice. (That and the fact that we got our phone bill today and it was more than half of what we’ve been allotted for the entire year. Yeah. We’re not sure what happened. All we know is that we know are way back in the red. More budget problems. Woot).

So no ice cream. Oh well. It would’ve sucked anyway.

The fact that this place apparently only sells ice cream made with vegetable fat has made me come to the conclusion that South Africa is trying to kill me. That and the fact that Pietermaritzburg is literally in a bowl so all the pollution cannot get out. Result? I have insane sinus problems that I cannot seem to overcome.

Excuse me while I blow my nose – all the time. Ugh.

According to webmd.com (yes, I love that cite and am always looking for more illnesses to check out there. Yeah, I’m that awesome), I need to be drinking more fluids in order to effectively fight all the mucus in my head. Yum. So last night, I filled the kettle all the way up and then proceeded to drink the entire thing. I think it was about a liter of tea. Awesome. At least I have a valid excuse to do that now instead of just secretly carrying around this deep rooted desires to drink as much tea as humanly possible.

Well, this is a glimpse of what our evenings here are like. I am sure that after another hour has past we will decide to watch on of our final episodes of Third Watch. But for now, Agatha Christie is calling my name. That and the liter of tea.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am sorry that you have been having sinus issues...that is horrible.

    I would love to be a fly on the wall with conversations like the one that started your blog, though!

    ReplyDelete