Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Thoughts

There is no general point to this blog besides the fact that I feel like writing something and since my novella has hit a 2 month wall of no progress, I might as well try and keep up with other outlets.

So I did something this morning for the very first time. I went running all by myself this morning. and guess what? it was great.

I've been struggling with body image this whole time we're been here. Africans love their starches and since I haven't been in a regular exercise routine, I've gained a little bit of weight. Not a lot, but enough to make me frustrated at myself. so being able to convince myself to actually get out of bed this morning ( I am pretty sure I hit my snooze button consistently about 10 times) was a great thing. and now that I been able to go by myself and be okay with, I am hoping to do this consistently until we leave.

Today is not an internet day but since it's the last day of the month, we are trying to use up the rest of our gigs. It's great. So another plus side of getting up early to run is the ability to actually have a "morning" before we have to rush off to church. My favorite times of the day are when I am sitting in the kitchen, alone, with the peace of the house, drinking my tea and oatmeal raisin muffin, and generally just being.

I found out this morning that A Rocha was canceled for today, which is fine but I was kind of looking forward to getting off campus. I haven't been to A rocha since the end of March thanks to Convention and Cape Town stuff. crazy. The little kids in my Friday group are also my favorite, especially Matthew who, the first time I met him was eating this huge thing of fries and said. "I love chips. Mr. Chips. Call me Mr. Chips." great stuff.

But since there is no A rocha this morning, I may or may not be mowing the lawn today. I enjoy mowing but this a fairly frustrating thing I am volunteering for since my definition of cut grass is different here. (People love their lawns short) Sometimes the blade gets caught on the ground. shame

Anyway, these are all the thoughts I have as of now...

No comments:

Post a Comment