Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dee-Dah Day things


This blog is for you, Leah

My sister has this phrase. Well actually she borrowed it from a book that I never brought myself to read. Nevertheless, I am going to use it for this blog. I don't even remember what the book is called right now but there is this part (that she told me about) where it talks about learning to celebrate God by celebrating the ordinary joys in life. So instead of being really frustrated and using this blog an outlet for my stress and tears (which it tends on being) I decided to point out some dee-dah day type of things because I know I need to appreciate South African life instead of aimlessly counting down the days…

On Wednesday, Gabby, Connie and I went on a walk after work in order to try and have a more active lifestyle (so far that is not going so well). Anyway, when we returned we found that Marco and Melanie Voller (the people who we spent Christmas with) had dropped off a ton of groceries for us – including oreo cookies, which are my favorite things ever! As we stood in the kitchen, unpacking the six bags of groceries, I was amazed at how much of a blessing they have been to us even though we don't know them very well.

We spent a lot of time with people this week and our one friend, Michele, who to university far from here, was here for the holiday. I was blessed by her gentle spirit and instantaneous friendship. Also, I found out that she loves Palestine, which made my heart soar. This particular evening (Wednesday) we were at our friend's (Abie's) house and discovered that his parents are amazing people. His mother was especially wonderful and gave us lots of tips about our upcoming Cape Town trip. I was blessed to know her.

We have had no church activities this post-convention week.  So on Friday night I did nothing. Instead of going to Kids Klub and half night of prayer, I sat on the couch and soaked in the nothingness of the evening. Since I am still recovering from convention, this was definitely needed.

Today (Saturday), the girls and I (and Tim who went for fear of being sucked into some type of BCI related work) went to the Suderman's to have a Zac Efron-athon with Karen. It. Was. Awesome. We watched High School Musical 3 and Hairspray and ate. Wow did we eat. We had banana bread in the morning. Chili for lunch. And peanut butter popcorn in the afternoon. Awesome!! The weather was cold and rainy too – perfect for sitting inside and doing nothing – well and watching the beauty that is Zac Efron. Musicals are the best. 

Currently, my hair has some type of Taylor Swift vibe going on. It's awesome. 

Also, I was feeling fairly frustrated about life tonight and then I got on facebook and got a wave of encouragement from my friend, Kare Knapp. It was perfect. I Praise God for her friendship.

And those, sister, are my Dee-Dah Day things from this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment