Saturday, December 19, 2009

Youth Leader Forecasting

This weekend we headed out to Albert Falls with the youth leaders of BCI for their annual forecasting event (aka planning meeting for next year). And despite the fact that we didn't get to see the actual falls of Albert Falls, it was still a great time. Yes, that's right, I said great time. I've really been struggling lately with most BCI related activities. But I can confidently say that today was the first BCI related activity that I enjoyed being a part of. Even though we had to sit through meetings all day today, it still was great.

We arrived at Albert Falls yesterday evening in time for supper and spent the whole evening planning games – especially this crazy "catch phrase" type game called 30 seconds. Awesome. And even though I can be really awkward around people I don't know, it was wonderful to have time to just have fun together and actually start building some real, authentic relationships here. I am not there quite yet but the foundations are starting to be laid. Hallelujah. Actually the evening continued long into the night as we females sat up and talked about the craziest of topics until 2:30 in the morning.

Tomorrow is the church's annual picnic and I am actually really excited about it. Why? Because we don't have to go to traditional church but instead we get to hang out with the youth leaders again and eat and hopefully play ultimate Frisbee. I believe it's supposed to rain tomorrow so I am desperately hoping that won't happen… Plus we get to go back to Albert Falls, so we might have to have a search committee to go and actual find the falls.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had some female bonding time! Those late night chats can be awesome!

    ReplyDelete